1. Who is the developer?
Voltas Trading (Pty) Ltd, managed by Carmel Properties (Pty) Ltd
2. Which Municipal body governs this area?
3. Where are the nearest shops, hospitals and business nodes in the area?
The Sibaya Coastal Precinct is situated just 5 minutes North of Umhlanga and 20 minutes South of Ballito. Shoreline is close to Gateway Theatre of Shopping, Netcare Umhlanga Private Hospital, Netcare Umhlanga Medical Centre, Gateway Private Hospital. We are also just 10 minutes away from King Shaka International airport.
4. What security measures are in place for the protection of residents?
The estate is secured with perimeter fencing, solid boundary or screen walls.. All residents and visitors enter and exit the estate via the guarded gatehouse. Guests require a code from the resident they are visiting in order to gain access. Guards are stationed within the estate, at the gatehouse as well as within the control room observing the camera activity.
5. How is Shoreline Sibaya property ownership managed?
Shoreline is sectional title, managed by a Body Corporate.
6. Who is the care provider?
TotalCare manages the onsite Care Center and they also offer homebased care within the Estate.
7. Will there be any storage facilities?
Yes, all units have a storeroom included in the purchase price.
8. Will there be any onsite management services?
There is an Estate Manager based onsite during office hours and he works closely with the managing agents, MaxProp.
9. Will I be allowed to rent out my property?
Yes, long term rentals with a minimum lease of 6 months are permitted provided the tenant is 50 years or older.
10. Am I able to use any real estate brokerage company for sale or rental of my property?
Shoreline has a list of pre-approved accredited agencies recommended to existing purchasers for security reasons as well as a thorough understanding and knowledge of the estate is expressed.
11. Are pets allowed?
Yes, each apartment is permitted one dog of under 15kgs.
12. Are grandchildren and family able to stay for a holiday or extended visit?
Yes, grandchildren and family are more than welcome to visit and stay over for a limited period.
13. Are there be living facilities for staff?
No, domestic workers may not reside on the estate (subject to Body Corporate rules and regulations). Residents will have access to cleaning services through the Care Centre, who will be stationed at the Care Centre onsite.
14. Can I use my own architect for amendments to my apartment?
Once transfer has gone through, owners are welcome to make amendments using their preferred architect however, any and all alterations will be subject to both Body Corporate rules and also Tongaat Hulett Development approval processes.
15. Will the option of home automation be available?
After transfer, you can install a system of your choice. Fibre
16. Is there air conditioning in the units, or will I be able to install my own?
There are air conditioning units in both the lounge and the main bedroom in all units. Additional air conditioners can be installed after approval from the Design Review Committee.
17. Where can my visitors park?
There is an allocated visitors parking bay in front of the Care Center.
18. Can I buy additional parking bays?
Yes, based on availability. Each bay costs R185 000.
19. How do I get internet connection, telephone connection and satellite?
Each unit is wired for DSTV, Telkom and wireless internet, however residents have to purchase the services from an approved service provider at their own cost.
20. Who takes care of the maintenance of the building?
The elected Body Corporate.
21. Where can I hang my washing?
Each block on the estate has a laundry facility that is furnished with two pre-paid washers and two pre-paid tumble driers. Additionally, laundry services are available to residents on the estate through the Care Centre.
22. Is there a generator?
Yes, for emergency services only, being passage lights and one of the lifts in each block.
23. How many elevators are in the building?
Each block has two elevators.